Hi Greg,

On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 10:00:06PM -0800, Greg Steuck wrote:
> Do you believe lang/ghc/patches/patch-libraries_base_cbits_PrelIOUtils_c
> is still relevant?

It's probably outdated junk. What a mess ;-)

> I ran some test programs and both locale_charset() and
> nl_langinfo(CODESET) yield sensible results (at least for UTF8). The
> history of the patch seems to go back approximately 10 years, so maybe
> OpenBSD locale support improved enough to consider dropping the patch?
> I'll rebuild GHC without that patch locally but also wanted to check
> with you in the meantime.

IIRC, the complaint (from that time 10 years ago) was that ghci
crached at the same moment you enter a character not supported by
whatever LC_CTYPE contains.

So, yes, if  you have the time to rebuild without that patch and
test it , I'll love it.

(Can't  do this for mmyself, because my port building machine still
causes troubles)

Ciao,
        Kili