On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 09:36:59AM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> Here is a huge diff to update QtWebKit from 5.9.0 to 5.212.0. 5.212.0
> comes from a independent project: https://github.com/qtwebkit/qtwebkit
> It's a QtWebKit with a more modern WebKit code base which fix a lot of
> bugs and security holes.
>
> I have already made a comparable update [1]. This one was much more
> difficult but all consumers looks fine. Tested with qgis, digikam and
> upcoming otter-browser browser. I just built and port-lib-depends-check
> test the others:
>
> graphics/digikam
> databases/kexi
> devel/kdevelop
> devel/qt-creator
> devel/kf5/kdesignerplugin
> devel/kf5/kdewebkit
> devel/kreport
> editors/calligra
> editors/ghostwriter
> devel/zeal
> geo/gpsbabel
> geo/merkaartor
> geo/qgis
> net/ktorrent
> editors/sigil
> misc/subsurface
> multimedia/upplay
> www/ruby-capybara-webkit
> net/qsyncthingtray
> net/qsyncthingtray
> mail/trojita
> net/owncloudclient
> x11/kde-applications/kdenlive
> x11/kde-applications/rocs
> x11/kde-applications/umbrello
> x11/py-qt5
> x11/smtube
> x11/qt5/qttools
>
> Let's take a look at the port changes:
>
> - Remove qtwebkit-examples, this can go away
>  - Yes meta/qt5 needs a tweak and bump.
> - Build the old qtwebkit docs, there is no new one.
> - Almost all patches can be removed. New patches come from NetBSD.
>  - icu>=61.1 patches deleted.
>
> Test note:
>
> If you are not using dpd(1), you have to deinstall qt5base first otherwise
> you'll run into the following issue:
>
> ===>  Installing qtwebkit-5.212.0 from /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/
> qtwebkit-5.9.0p11->5.212.0 forward dependencies:
> | Dependencies of qt5-5.9.8p0 on qtwebkit-=5.9.0 don't match
> NOT MERGING: can't find update for qt5-5.9.8p0-> (ok)
> Couldn't find updates for qt5-5.9.8p0 qtwebkit-5.9.0p11
> Couldn't install qtwebkit-5.212.0
>
> Should we maybe bump all x11/qt5/qt* ports?
>
> This is a big jump to a Qt update because 5.212.0 works fine with
> my upcoming Qt update.
>
> Feedback, OK? (I don't think anyone wants to take responsibility for
> this. -- other comments also fine) Tests really welcome!

I definitely support this move forward :) Ppl using apps in the list
should definitely runtime test their favorite app.. and i think now is a
good time in the release cycle for such an update, and that would
unblock your QT5 work.

One think we should make sure to check is arch coverage, ie check which
archs provide a 'working' (building, running ?) qtwebkit and try to
testbuild this update on those...

Landry