On Sun 15/03/2020 17:52, Paco Esteban wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2020, Paco Esteban wrote:
>
> > * devel/py-prompt_toolkit
> >     * also attached to this email.  Just made py3 only and bumped
> >       revison.  All tests pass.
> >       This also triggers the conversion of devel/ipython to py3 only.
> >       Four tests fail, just as before.
> >       Maintainer (edd@) has some doubts about this.  Mainly if users
> >       will be upset for this.  Comments on this are appreciated.
>
> I just realized that devel/ipython has A METRIC TON of consumers ... not
> sure how they slept under my radar, sorry.

I'm trying to push several tools from jupyter forward, several of which
depend on ipython. If I'm not mistaken there are 3 more pieces needed
before it is possible to migrate ipython to py3-only:

- rpointel@ sent a diff to ports@ for plaso and all of its dependencies,
  which still needs testing:
  https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=158368639815369&w=2
- I sent a diff to port@ for devel/py-nbconvert (update and migration to
  py3-only): https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=158351871906886&w=2

After the above has been committed we need to migrate several ports to
py3-only at the same time. I have a diff sitting in my tree for this:

PORT                    CONSUMER(S)
py-traitlets            ipython py-ipykernel py-jupyter_client py-jupyter_core
py-nbformat
ipython                 py-ipykernel py-jupyter_client py-nbformat py-traitlets
py-ipykernel            ipython py-jupyter_client py-jupyter_core
py-jupyter_core         py-jupyter_client py-nbformat
py-jupyter_client       py-ipykernel
py-nbformat             ipython