On 2020/04/05 16:11, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 04 2020, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> > I think it would be useful to have debug packages on aarch64.
> > The main bulk build machines are powerful, and most of the machines
> > users are running this on are not, so rebuilding things locally with
> > symbols is quite a pain.
>
> Indeed rebuilding stuff on a rpi3 or a pinebook looks painful.

exactly.

> Seems safe.  Another concern is the size increase on the mirrors, but
> giving this a try is the easiest way to know for sure.  ok jca@ fwiw

amd64 debug-* are about 2.6G at the moment (down from 2.7G in February;
since then more debug packages have been added but we also have dwz to
shrink them). It will be interesting to see how much bigger the non-debug
packages end up (due to the lack of handling for static libraries) as it
will give a clue how bad that is on amd64 too..

I've discussed offlist with phessler, after the current bulk he's planning
to give his a try with a local diff, and see how it goes before I commit
anything.