On Mon, Apr 06 2020, Tracey Emery <tra...@traceyemery.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This new port is a tool specifically patched to build and upack SPIFFS
> images for ESP32 and ESP8266 embedded devices, using SPIFFS as the
> submodule. It is a runtime dependency for the next two arduino-core
> ports I'll be sending.
>
> I've been using this on amd64 for a few months.
>
> OK?

A few cleanups:
- enforce CC/CXX instead of relying on COMPILER=ports-clang setting up
gcc and g++ symlinks.  Since this ports uses C++11 set COMPILER =
base-clang ports-gcc (both successfully tested on amd64)
- drop -Os from CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS
- don't strip the resulting executable, else DEBUG=-g is useless
- refresh WANTLIB
- just use GH_TAGNAME instead of V
- I think the DISTFILES dance is complicated enough without complicated
  constructs like ${SPFS_V:C/(........).*/\1/}.  Why not use the full
  hash?
- drop https://github.com/igrr/mkspiffs from DESCR (already taken
  automatically from HOMEPAGE, see pkg_info mkspiffs)

If you like those changes, ok jca@

It's a shame there isn't more documentation than mkspiffs --help.

I would suggest upstream to publish source tarballs with vendored
spiffs, after all they already publish a lot of assets for releases:
https://github.com/igrr/mkspiffs/releases

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE