On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 04:30:53PM +1000, Arthur Barton wrote:
> Attached is an update to the new puppet 6 port, taking it to version 6.15.0
Unfortunately, your patch partially fails to apply;  did you test it
against a clean CVS checkout?

> kn@ identified and fixed some bugs with the puppet 6.14 package to fix
> 'package ensure => latest' & 'service enabled => false', and also found some
> bugs with the handling of package flavors.
>
> For the existing 6.14 package in the tree, installing a package that has
> flavors without specifying a flavor fails, if the flavor has a higher patch
> number.
Thanks, this looks like fixing it.

> I was already working on a 6.15 update so its attached here, with some
> further updates to the package provider.
REVISION should be removed when you update VERSION/DISTNAME.

> This really needs testing as its playing with bits of the provider that I
> don't touch, and its a pretty brutal fix whereby the package name is set to
> 'packagename--' if no flavor or %branch is specified, to ensure it only
> matches the empty flavor.
I think adding "--" is fine, `pkg_info -m -z' does it as well and this
is the canonical way to get a list of installed packages such that they
can be installed on another system.