On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 04:10:49PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:
> Here's another one...
> I went back to 19.12.31
>
> and installed the debug-qt* packages (somehow they weren't around last
> time).
>

> It's still the exact same bug.
>

> By adding printing, that "name" parameter is complete garbage each and
> every time. Sometime, we get "lucky" and it doesn't segfault.
>
> It always comes from within qml (qtquick?) internals, which makes me
> belive something is wrong in there.
>
> I fail to see how it would work on other OSes otherwise.

A bit of help from friends (tb/sthen) shows it is definitely a use-after-free.
Indeed, using MALLOC_OPTIONS=j   lets shotcut run.  Everything appears to be
more or less functional, including position filters, video fade-in/out.

So... no idea where the use-after-free is, but at least I got it running
(more or less...)