On Wed, May 27 2020, Stefan Sperling <s...@stsp.name> wrote:
> Would anyone be sad to see devel/pysvn go away?
>
> Every time Subversion gets a significant update I need to check whether
> pysvn still works and it will usually require an update.
>
> Current releases of pysvn have split some C++ parts into a separate pycxx
> project. Adding that seems like too much effort for questionable gain.
> I added the pysvn port 10 years ago. In all this time I have never seen
> evidence of anything or anyone depending on it.
> Nothing in the ports tree uses it, as far as I can tell.

My personal policy is that, if nothing uses a library in ports, then
someone who depends on the lib should step up as a maintainer, and bear
the testing and updating efforts.

If that someone doesn't exist, ok jca@ to drop pysvn.

(I'd wait for a few days, YMMV)

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE