On 2020/05/30 00:23, Alex Free wrote:
> What is the proper procedure for sending changes and patches to existing
> ports? I have modified 3 ports and would like my changes to be commuted.
> My modifications are to:
>
> games/ioquake3 (adds PowerPC support for OpenBSD. IOQuake3 does
> currently support any PowerPC *BSD OS, I had to add support myself.
> x11/mplayer (adds an altivec flavor, crucial for good video playback)
> graphics/ffmpeg (adds an altivec flavor for increased performance and
> more)
>
> I have submitted patches for FFmpeg and IOQuake3 to this mailing list. I
> have also sent patches for Mplayer, FFmpeg, and IOQuake3  directly to
> the maintainers. Is this the proper way?

Either mail to maintainer, or to list + maintainer, is good.
Please send unified diffs (preferably cvs diff -u or git diff
against either the main repository or the conversion on
github.com/openbsd).

Re the altivec one, if it works, using ports-gcc would be better
than hardcoding CC=gcc to use the old base compiler that hasn't
been removed yet but afaik nothing should be using.