Thanks for this diff and the interest in the port.

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 03:15:11PM +0200, Omar Polo wrote:
[...]
> On my machine (amdgpu) it leaves a core file around but otherwise is
> working; on my friend machine (inteldrm) it doesn't core dumps. We

Can you provide some details about the core dump? Does Godot crash on
amdgpu? Can you share a backtrace with gdb(egdb) from ports? I don't
understand if this is just like the already known bugs with amdgpu at
this point or something new.

> working; on my friend machine (inteldrm) it doesn't core dumps. We
> tested everything but the networking stuff AFAIK.

As your patch includes disabling ssl in favor of mbedtls, I would think
that some networking should be tested.

> I didn't have the time (yet) to fully debug this issue.
>
> Do I have to reset the REVISION back to 0 since this changes the port
> version?

Yes, REVISION is only used if changes happen in the package while the
version doesn't change. It effectively adds pX to the package. See
packages-specs(7) and bsd.port.mk(5). So just remove the REVISION line
when updating the port's version.

[...]
> - pulseaudio is still disabled: I have a WIP patch (not included) to
>   bring back audio support using libao.  I plan to submit it soon
>   after this update

I would be _very_ interested in this after the update. I've been trying
to come up with an sndio backend myself, but haven't got it to work so
far.

[...]
> - in 3.1 they replaced openssl with mbedtls, hence the removal of ssl
>   from WANTLIB

Must be a bundled mbedtls, as nothing is added to WANTLIB and/or
LIB_DEPENDS. Might be better to find a way to use our ports version...

[...]

I haven't tested this yet. I am comparing it with the diff that I have
been working on and will get back to you. Your diff is much longer than
what I had (537 vs 199 lines). I'm gonna see what we need.

Port updates are usually preferred as inline diff. Just make sure your
mail client doesn't mangle whitespace.