On 6/2/20 8:50 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2020/06/01 22:13, Brian Callahan wrote:
>> Hi Aisha --

will do thanks!

> - pkg/DESCR:
>   - trailing blank line
>   - s/writted/written
will fix thanks!

> All these static libraries mean that things won't get updated
> automatically when a library is updated. Say you install purritobin
> and there is a later security fix to usockets; purritobin won't be
> updated unless you manually force it (e.g. by bumping REVISION).
> The normal way of handling this with almost everything else in ports
> is to use shared libraries.

I totally agree but upstream has mandated that this library is to be used
static only and with -flto -O3 (which Brian has removed stating unsupported
archs, thanks brian!).
Upstream have also rejected my patch to add shared libraries :( and is adamant
on using both the above flags (which was a separate issue that was raised, to
remove the flags and make them optional depending on distribution)

Does ports not handle such an automated revision bump for static libraries
that get updated? (am just asking, I don't know the intricacies and details
of shared/static library things)

I am not sure how to resolve this conflict...

an aside: why was -O3 removed, upstream has it present and wants it to be there?

Aisha