On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 06:24:41PM -0400, Chris Bennett wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 10:46:00AM +0200, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> Looking over pgtap. I am seeing some strange (to me) issues.
>
> It uses gmake and it's a perl port.
> It comes with the Perl Makefile already built. Never seen that yet.

Well you see many crazy things in ports.

> It also wants to pull in files from itself that are already installed
> outside of the ports tree in order to run tests. Otherwise the tests
> stop at:
> ERROR:  could not open extension control file
> "/usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/pgtap.control": No such file or
> directory
>
> cp pgtap.control to /usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/pgtap.control
> moved things along a little further, so it is looking there.

No need for that - TEST_DEPENDS =${BUILD_PKGPATH} takes care of it.

> The above errors Landry had (and I also had) only occur if pgtap is
> installed first. The ports documentation suggests an easy fix for that
> by setting PGUSER=postgres this way: gmake installcheck PGUSER=postgres

Yeah, but that doesnt work - have you read the testing framework in
postgresql.port.mk ? Setting PGUSER=postgres (or USER!=whoami and then
PGUSER=${USER} in TEST_ENV doesnt help, the db will still belong to
${USER} (because that's how the testing framework work) and afaict the
tests hardcode 'postgres'.

> I tried a variety of configure and modules, but that did not work,
> erroring out almost right away. (cpan, modbuild, perl).
>
> Looking upstream, this is how they have the Makefile in package and on
> git.

Sorry but i dont really understand what you meant by that - did you try
the port i sent, or that was a port you were working on separately ?

Anyway, besides those annoyances about test user, all other tests works,
and id like to import both ports to move forward with pgrouting - any
oks to import from developers ?

Reattaching ports for convenience.

Thanks for looking.

Landry