Predrag Punosevac <punoseva...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi Steffen,
> >
> > I apologize for a direct email. I am not sure new mailing list will
> > allow me to post.
> >
> > I kept my own v14.8.12 copy of nail after few things got broken on
> > OpenBSD.  I didn't notice that you adopted OpenBSD port and updated it
> > to 14.9 branch until today. Old port was behind the version I was using.
> >

> Hi Steffen,
>
> I apologize for cross posting. After upgrading my laptop to
>
> predrag@oko-mobile$ uname -a
> OpenBSD oko-mobile.int.bagdala2.net 6.7 GENERIC.MP#2 amd64
>
> I felt it was the time for me to jump the ship and finally go with
> s-nail from the official ports tree.
>
> predrag@oko-mobile$ pkg_info s-nail
> Information for inst:s-nail-14.9.17
>
> I got to the bottom of all "issues" I originally reported
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/s-mailx@lists.sdaoden.eu/msg00948.html
>
> in the thread. I used quotation marks around issues as in the hindsight
> there was really only one. All other issues were due to the fact that I
> didn't realize that you have completely rewritten s-nail and there is
> really not much in common with the original Heirloom mailx
>
> http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/mailx.html
>
> which I used for at least 15 years. That is not to say that the things
> don't work or they are worse. They just work different. It took me two
> full days of dicking with it to get a to get a hang of it.
>
> First thing first you really trough me off the board with Ctrl+D instead
> of next line and a dot to sent the email. I have not read the code, and

I am a total moron! I read carefully mail(1). Ctrl+D is of course
correct. What I didn't realize is that mail always reads

predrag@oko$ more /etc/mail.rc
set append dot save asksub
ignore Received Message-Id Resent-Message-Id Status Mail-From
Return-Path Via

s-nail of course has no access to that file.

set dot

in my .s-nailrc and s-nail behaves as expected. As an upshot I
"backported" 14.9.19 to 6.7 stable branch. As you can see it works
as expected.

Cheers,
Predrag