On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 11:12:41PM +0200, clematis wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Here's a new package for mat2, a metadata removal tool supporting a wide
> range of commonly used file formats.
>
> https://0xacab.org/jvoisin/mat2
>
> [+] Supported formats:
>   - application/epub+zip (.epub)
>   - application/pdf (.pdf)
>   - application/x-dtbncx+xml (.ncx)
>   - application/x-tar (.tar)
>   - application/zip (.zip)
>   - audio/mpeg (.mp3, .mp2)
>   - audio/x-wav (.wav)
>   - image/gif (.gif)
>   - image/jpeg (.jpeg, .jpe, .jpg)
>   - image/png (.png)
>   - image/svg+xml (.svg)
>   - image/tiff (.tif, .tiff)
>   - image/x-ms-bmp (.bmp)
>   - image/x-portable-pixmap (.ppm)
>   - text/css (.css)
>   - text/html (.html, .htm)
>   - video/mp4 (.mp4)
>   - video/x-msvideo (.avi)
>

> It build/install/run OK on amd64. I would appreciate feedback to confirm
> the python FLAVORING is done properly. Thanks ajacoutot@ for pointing me
> to the use of devel/py-gobject3${MODPY_FLAVOR} (and not just ${FLAVOR}).
>
> I've opened an issue upstream (Ref; #142) to add tests/
> If they do I will make sure to add this to the next update.

Upstream has no interest in maintaining their pypi nor add test there. So I've
switched to their gitlab as MASTER_SITES.
I have some errors trying to run make test. Plus it says it's deprecated
and this method will be removed inviting to use tox. So I kept the
NO_TEST = yes  There's a few example to run manual test and coverage
available on the project page. I don't know if that's ok to keep it this
way.

> I've used it successfully on pictures and pdfs.

I've also re-arranged the Makefile to follow the template order more
strictly. It still builds and runs OK on amd64. portcheck OK.
Worked as expected via the command line on pictures and pdfs (which is my only
use case).

> More tests, comments, feedback will be appreciated.

That would still be appreciated. It's meant to have a service menu for
Dolphin and an extension for Nautilus so if anyone wants to give this a
try it would be a plus.

New tarball including the changes mentioned above attached.
Cheers,
--
clematis (0xA2C87EDB507B4C53)