> MODULES =             lang/python
> MODPY_SETUPTOOLS =    Yes
> MODPY_VERSION =               ${MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3}
>+
>+FLAVORS =             python3
>+FLAVOR ?=

I believe that we don't want both MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3 and the
python3 FLAVOR. Additionally, the upstream supports Python 2, but I
don't think we want to add Python 2 support to ports, in which case we'd
enforce python3 with FLAVORS = python3; FLAVOR = python3.

Although I'm not quite clear on whether a program written in python
should use the FLAVORS/FLAVOR style or continue to use
MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3.

At any rate, the program works for me (that is, it turns SVGs into
smaller SVGs that appear to look the same).