On 2020/10/09 12:53, Caspar Schutijser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would it make sense to pass LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS}" to cmake, similar to
> what already happens with CC, CFLAGS, CXX, and CXXFLAGS? Proposal below.

This is a bit of a departure from how it's done for other build
systems; LDFLAGS it not passed automatically to autoconf, etc.

If this is done for cmake then I think it would be better to use something
like MODCMAKE_LDFLAGS to reduce risk of inadvertent side-effects that
you might get with LDFLAGS.

Any reason not to just set it in CONFIGURE_ENV like other ports do though?

> The reason I ran into this is because I'm working on a proposal/diff
> (see the attachment for the WIP diff). In order for that patched port
> to build, I need to set LDFLAGS but without this cmake.port.mk diff it
> does not get passed to cmake.

The better fix for mosquitto would be to patch it to find libwebsockets
via pkg-config files if available.