I'll respectfully disagree with our El Lay rock critic about this album.
I must admit to having misgivings about Earle singin' bluegrass, but on
first listen, I'm impressed by how good he actually sounds.  He ain't no
Jimmy Martin, but he sure doesn't embarrass himself either.  Factor in the
typically outstanding accompaniment of the mighty McCoury band, and also
take into account that a number of the songs sound like some of Earle's
very best, and you've got what'll surely be one of the year's best twang
albums.  Or so sez me.--don

n.p. Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band - The Mountain