Matt:

> Agreed, Jr, and I'm no fashion plate myself. For instance, I think the
> Mavricks look pretty silly with their faux hipster mafia look, and well,
> any of those other bands like Diamond Rio need to realize that Chess
> King closed down back in the 80's. Hell, they make BG bands look like
> the whip.

Heh, Chess King!  I'd forgotten all about that.  What a terrible
memory! <g>.  But, um......

But truly, I think a performers' look is important.   Not as
important as their performance obviously, but something to pay
attention to and try to get right nonetheless.  Like entertaining
folks, smiling, etc. And most of the contemporary "suburban"-looking
twang artists are visual turnoffs, as far as I'm concerned.  I mean,
I still think the Porter school of dressing is excellent.  Or
more muted looks, like Bob Wills', or  whoever. Or classic BG
looks, like Matt mentions.  *Anything* but this yuppied-out "don't
you think I'm sexy" look so many of the contemporaries seem compelled
by managment to wear....  I mean, Billy Ray's music may be improving,
but I still have to avert my eyes when he walks on-camera!!! <g>  Not
to mention the Faith Hills and Lori Morgans and other women.  Sheesh.
Reba???  Somebody call the fashion police!!!!

Vince, for example, looked ok in that special last week, with the
tasteful plain suit and open shirt.  That's a lot better than the
hat-boy uniforms a lot of them wear.  But still, one could do so much
better!!

Oh well,
--junior