After driving around the entire outerbelt searching for an elusive copy
of this album, I weaved my way back to the "impeccable indy store" and
of course found it. Learnin lessons the hard way here.

Anyway, I love the record, but am surprised to hear the tag team of
Yates and Weiss claim this stands out from the UT "genre". I hear plenty
of overt UT influence on this album. Strains of New Madrid lurk in the
banjo strains, etc... Also, do you really think that musically this
album stands out? Some of the same loping alt-country shuffling going
on, and I dare say that the only differences I hear on some of the tunes
are the female vocals: stick a guy wailing away on some of em: same ol
alt country rag. Tho maybe not in tune <g>. Sure, I hear the 60's R&B
basslines that pop up, that I admit is different, tho not radically so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking a fight, nor do I doubt your word
here: you see and hear far more of this music than I do. Just want you
to elaborate, maybe.  Maybe we need another "Alt-COuntry Consumer Alert"
list.

And I love the album thus far. It was worth the nerve racking drive thru
the pastel condo sprawl of the outerbelt.

Matt
high on god dam life.