In a message dated 3/11/99 9:41:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<
 I hope and pray that one day that whole Macon/Muscle Shoals scene will be
 throughly documented in a box set and/or a book.

 Hell, The rise and Fall of Capricorn Records or the whole Allman Bros scene
 would make a damned good movie.

Well, Jeff to cheer you up -- the demented Patterson is working on a rock
opera about the lore of Lynyrd Skynyrd and other 70's southern rock n roll
bands <g>.  And his daddy, David Hood could fill you in on the whole scene was
part of the Muscle Shoals Sound Rhythm Section, member of Rick Hall's Fame
Studio before he and others went on to form their own studio Muscle Shoals
Sound.

Your idea would make a good book or movie.  I've been reading tons about the
Allmans and others while doing my research.  And I really did sleep in Duane
Allman's bed <g> (the Big House in Macon is now a museum and B&B).

As for Randall being related to Delaney and Bonnie -- I've always wondered
that myself.  Guess I'll ask somebody.  I know he's been around Georgia,
Athens, Macon, and Alabama but playing with Sea Level, Traffic, Steve Winwood,
and his own band for a long time.  I'll try to remember to ask.

Deb