In a message dated 4/14/99 12:42:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Letterman definitely didn't snuff Petty tonight. He must have told the
 audience to buy Petty's new CD "Echo" about 5 times. Great song, great band!
 The solo gave me goose bumps. Letterman thanked Petty for a great rock
record
 and said that he was afraid that rock was dead and Petty replied "Rock is
 alive at my house!"

 I've got a room at the top of the world tonight and I ain't coming down.

 Rock On,
 Bob >>

It's a wonderful CD -- I've been listening to it since about 4:30 p.m.  I
love it.

Deb