Louise said:
>I've got the Dixie Chicks album.  It's a good album with some good
"country"
>stuff on it. It's usually the case that the better stuff is only allowed on
the
>album because of all the other pop stuff around, but because they are
selling so
>well now they can get away with putting the country stuff out as singles
too.

I think Louise has a very good point here.  The Chicks are "hot" right now,
so just about anything they put out as a single will be given consideration
("...and the public clamors for Natalie Maines yawning jowl-wide"
curiosity).  The same probably would be true of Parton's "Salt In My Tears"
(which I personally think is a very good song)tearing up the charts if Dolly
was still considered a "hot" artist.   I'm not quite ready to ring the bell
and declare the Chicks as the answer to mainstream radio play, as I'm
thinking that there's still a considerable bit of novelty attached to these
three and only time and their next cd will tell as they paint their hair
purple and have tea with Valentino.
Tera