published: 4/28/99 Thursday, April 29, 1999

Country music's answer to the boy groups changes name!
Country music's answer to Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, 5ive and 98 Degrees,
Young Guns is changing their name.  In light of the tragedy at Littlton
High
School near Denver the teens have decided to rename themselves.

All of the members of Young Guns are teenagers from Alabama, Tennessee
and
Texas.   The shootings deeply affected all of the boys.

``Young Guns was a name we came up with meaning the 'new kids in town'
with
a country twist. I am sure there is another name that could convey the
same
message, and we are currently welcoming suggestions from fans through the

internet at [EMAIL PROTECTED],'' commented member Cory J. Williams.
``We
are also exploring other ways to help the kids there, maybe a concert at
the
school, when things calm down, to pay tribute to the victims.''

The five boys are preparing for their debut release and promotion of the
album with live performances.