Wietse Venema:
> J. Thomsen:
>
> I did a quick experiment, delivering to a user with incorrect mailbox
> ownership, and there definitely is angry loggig from the local
> delivery agent (cannot update mailbox for user xxx).

Example:
Mar  6 13:56:11 wzv postfix/local[18893]: 3zwmFl58mcz4wB3:
    to=<test@localhost>, relay=local, delay=0.03, delays=0.01/0.01/0/0.01,
    dsn=5.2.0, status=bounced (cannot update mailbox /var/mail/test
    for user test. cannot open file: Permission denied)

However, when luser_relay handes mail for a non-existent recipient,
and it is configured with a non-existent local user, then the local
delivery agent will go through the same code path twice with the
same address, in which case the duplicate suppressor will silently
terminate the recursion like it does for all other deliveries.

This may or may not be easy to fix. For now, don't configure
luser_relay with a non-existent address, just like postmaster, if
you don't want errors to go unreported.

        Wietse