Hi postfix experts,

I think I (and others) might need an enhancement to the parameters the XCLIENT
command currently
accepts.

The usecase is like this:

I'm running a MailU installation which receives SMTP 25/tcp connections via a
TLS terminating nginx proxy.
That proxy now proxies the connection to a locally running postfix daemon in
another docker
container.
The monitoring rspamd now has no chance to see in the latest Received header in
the connection was
received TLS encrpyted or plain text.

I think if there was an additional optional parameter for XCLIENT like
ENCRYPTION=... with various
(TBD) values, that could be interpreted by postfix then to add that information
to the Received
line, as it would do with directly received connections via TLS/STARTLTS.

If that can be implemented, then nginx has to use it in the next step.

How about that way to solve things? Or is there already any ongoing action to
solve similar
problems?
If needed to keep the mailing list discussion free, feel free to write
personally and I can provide
some discourse space for it.