Hamid Maadani via Postfix-devel:
> > Can you copy the dict_mongodb.* files into your environment and see
> > what I broke? They should still build with postfix-3.8-20220527.
>
> I just did, and they build fine. However, I get a linking error when trying
> to use the library:
> "Dec 05 23:45:05 mail postfix/proxymap[29029]: fatal:
>     load_library_symbols: dlopen failure loading
>     /usr/lib/postfix/postfix-mongodb.so: Error relocating
>     /usr/lib/postfix/postfix-mongodb.so: mongoc_collection_find_with_opts:
>     symbol not found"

There was a missing update to the makedefs script (in the top-level
directory). The updated code is at
https://github.com/wietse-postfix/postfix-dukhovni/tree/mongodb

Could you comment on the following:

(major) there is no code to escape special characters when parts
or all of a Postfix query are pasted into the MongoDB query filter.
I think that at the very least, quotes and backslashes should be
escaped with a backslash. I can add a little function for that and
update the mongodb_table file.

(minor) the database config file parser does not expand $name,
${name} etc. so '$$' is taken literally, not as '$'. I can remove
that text from the mongodb_table file.

A liitle script to quickly build a throw-away MongoDB database
for testing would also be helpful, but that can be done outside
the mailing list.

        Wietse