Richard Foley wrote:

This mail is just FYI and by way of saying:
        "postfix and friends do a great job - many thanks!"

Hi Richard,

I second your sentiments and would like to shout out a big thank you to Wietse for creating Postfix!

I was at about the same point you are now for more than 2 of the last 3 years, with about 5 spam a day making it into my inbox. Over the last 6 months or so that number has steadily increased, and in the last month the curve has become much steeper, averaging 25-40 spam per day until just this past week.

Over the weekend I implemented an access table and have started adding the class C network of each host successfully getting spam into my inbox. I'm down to less than 5 a day again. :)

Give it a shot. It doesn't take much time at all and the results are well worth the effort.

Stan