I know that tarpitting in Postfix is looked down upon in some circles, but I've got a security measure I want t implement on my Postfix servers that I've been authorised to do *only* if I can make Postfix tarpit that session, not simply terminate it.

I want to do sender_login_mismastch checking, and have that go on to a tarpit instead of rejecting out of hand. I don't know how this might be possible, or even if it is, but if I can do it at all I'd quite like to. I can already assemble the lists of who is allowed to send as what address out of our LDAP database on the fly (an unexpected advantage of the custom LDAP schema we created for our mail service, it turns out). I just need to find out if it's possible to make Postfix behave as I want it to.

Adrian