In my attempt to block my Postfix email server from receiving and
sending email to gmail, yahoo, hotmail, aol, and msn email accounts, I
created the following:

vim /etc/postfix/main.cf

smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access
reject_unauth_destination = hash:/etc/postfix/access

Then I created the file called 'access' and added the following entry:

vim /etc/postfix/access

gmail.com         REJECT

I then ran postmap against the newly created 'access' file:

postmap hash:/etc/postfix/access

Reloaded postfix mail server

mail:/etc/postfix# postfix reload
postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix mail system

The problem I have is nobody from the specific domains are able to
send email to my mail server. It rejects like it should however I am
still able to send mail to those domains from my Postfix email server.
It appears that 1/2 of the rule is working and I don't know what I did
wrong.

Anyone know?

I checked /var/log/mail.err and found nothing.

Nov 21 14:17:26 mail postfix/smtpd[5425]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
yx-out-1718.google.com[74.125.44.157]: 554 5.7.1
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Sender address rejected: Access denied;
from=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> proto=ESMTP
helo=<yx-out-1718.google.com>

Inbound = blocked
Outbound = still works

Why?