Wietse Venema ha scritto:
Simone Felici:
Hi to all!

I've tested successfully a simple smtp server with SMTP authenticated.
Now I would like do the following:

My server has two interfaces with IP1 and IP2.
I would like to setup postfix to permit AUTH-SMTP only for sessions incoming on
IP1 and normal SMTP sessions on IP2.

Please explain why you can't use policies for the CLIENT IP address.

        Wietse

Why? Uhm, dunno...
It seems certain mailclients has Autenticated smtp enabled as default and if the client found the smtp server support it, then it try to send in auth. This return an error, due inappropriate settings of the client. To prevent this i would like to set up two ip address on the same server. The first ip address should accept only clean smtp sessions, with restrictions allowing smtp only from specific client-ip, ranges. This is the actual situation in porduction and all is ok. The second ip should accept only sasl auth smtp session. If the authenitcation goes well, the the client can send without other check and the client can have every ip he want. Due company decisions, out smtp server accept sending messages only if the customer is connected with our network. the second ip on the server should introduce the possibility to send (only if authenticated) from any network.
Is it possible to setup on the same server?
I've read this (http://www.postfix.org/RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html) and ok, but have no idea how to choose different policies depending on two different IPs (interfaces) of the server.

Simon