From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org
[mailto:owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org] On Behalf Of Joey
Sent: Tuesday, 16 December 2008 1:05 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: helo being rejected

        Hello All,

        I have a clients who's email server is getting a lot of helo
rejects from it (windows box).  The client has a .NET domain for their
servers ( hardware ) and a .COM for their email address.

        I manually had a conversation with my postfix server that has
these settings:

                reject_invalid_helo_hostname,
                check_helo_access hash:/etc/postfix/helo_access,
                reject_invalid_helo_hostname,
                reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname,

        I verified reverse DNS, all domains exist etc.

        Here are my results:

        220 receivingserver.net ESMTP Postfix

        EHLO sendingserver.net 250-receivingserver.net
        250-PIPELINING
        250-SIZE 24000000
        250-ETRN
        250-AUTH DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5
        250-AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5
      250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
        250-8BITMIME
        250 DSN

        MAIL From: < m...@sendingserver.com>250
<mailto:m...@sendingserver.com%3e250>  2.1.0 O

        RCPT To: <b...@localemailaddress.net>554 5.7.1 <
sendingserver.net>: Helo command rejected: Helo Chec

        Any ideas appreciated!

        Thanks!

That error message is not coming from the *_helo_hostname checks, it
must be coming from your helo_access map. Show the transaction logging
from the maillog and the contents of your helo_access.