On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Victor Duchovni
<victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 01:23:43PM +0800, jan gestre wrote:
>
>> > Don't use ISP DNS servers that fabricate A records.
>> >

>> I'm not using our ISP's DNS , I'm using OpenDNS, I'm using OpenDNS
>> since way back it's only now that I'm getting this strange behavior in
>> my SMTP server.
>
> You should not use OpenDNS or any similar external DNS forwarder with
> Postfix. Especially, when doing RBL lookups. Just run a stand-alone DNS
> cache on your system (127.0.0.1). If you are behind a NAT device that
> de-randomizes UDP query ports, you are likely vulnerable to the Kaminsky
> attack... Running a SOHO incoming mail server is getting increasingly
> difficult, you may need a real SMTP server at a hosting facility.

Postfix is behind a NAT device (pfSense) that does dnsmasq (dns
forwarder), no machine is allowed to connect to port 53 except the NAT
device.

The initial configuration is NAT Firewall > Untangle in bridge mode >
postfix, but since telnet to postfix's smtp port produces an odd
result when it's behind the Untangle box so I took Untangle out.