Good day.

I am have spent spent some time trying to figure out if the following Postfix config is possible and am hoping for some guidance.

Short Synopsis:

I would like to move some of my virtual domains to have their email hosted via a "Google for Domains" account. While there are only a handful of accounts, most of the accounts have many aliases and have used '-' as a recipient delimiter for years. As such, the actual number of addresses is probably in the thousands. Since Google uses '+' as the recipient delimiter, there is no easy way to just switch the domains over. I would like to use my Postfix server to filter / rewrite incoming addresses and then relay them on to Google, with my server being the MX server for the domain and using a smtp "transport" entry to direct the messages to the right place.

Long Synopsis:

I currently have several virtual domains setup similar to:

example.com     example.com
m...@example.com        lastname1
f...@example.com        lastname1
b...@example.com        lastname1
b...@example.com        lastname2
b...@example.com        lastname3

where my aliases are like:

lastname1               /var/boxes/lastname1/
lastname2               lastna...@example.org
lastname3               /var/boxes/lastname3/, lastna...@example.org

Since my recipient_delimeter is set to '-', this allows emails addressed to:

me-...@example.com
bill-baz-...@example.com

to get to the right account.

I am trying to get rid of all local delivery and have this machine just act a gateway that does some basic address filtering and routes the email to the new email server (Google for Domains). For example, this server would know that 'm...@example.com', 'f...@example.com' 'b...@example.com ', and 'me-anyth...@example.com' should all be relayed to 'lastna...@example.com ' at Google.

While I realize this doesn't work, imagine that I updated aliases to:

lastname1               lastna...@example.com

and make a transport entry:

example.com     smtp:[newserver.example.google.com]

and you hopefully can get an idea of what I am trying to do.

Is something like this possible with Postfix?

Thanks.