Hello,

I need to setup a mail server for outgoing email only. I clearly would
like to restrict access to my networks only.

Moreover, I would like to permit only to some envelope senders to relay
email trhough a such MTA. And no other envelope sender should be able to
relay trhough this MTA.

So the restriction classes are made so:

smtpd_client_restrictions =
    check_client_access
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-check-client-filter-access.cf <-- this
let me disable some content checking through filter (Amavisd-new). No
matter.

smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_sender_restrictions =

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    check_client_access
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-check-client-access.cf
    check_sender_access
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-check-sender-access.cf
    reject

Please note that I use "check_client_access" restriction together with:

mynetworks = /etc/postfix/relay

to limit access to SMTP relay server per IP.

The "/etc/postfix/mysql-check-sender-access.cf" verifies if the envelope
sender is enabled for relay (I'm assuming that on my networks none
forges email sender).

The lookup return "OK" if sender is enabled. Nothing otherwise (the
sender should be rejected at the next restriction..).

This configuration doesn't work. What is conceptually wrong in my
config?

Finally I would like to deny message delivery to my mail server.. It
should suffice to unset "relay_domains" or it is too restrictive doing
so?

Thanks,

rocsca