George Forman:

> Hi,I have created a main.cf.auth and linked it to main.cf in /opt/zimbra/p
>-f.auth/conf directory.I am using alternate_config_directories to specify a p
>-arent directory path, such as,alternate_config_directories = /opt/zimbra/pf.
>-auth/confqueue_directory = $alternate_config_directories/../spoolbounce_temp
>-late_file = $alternate_config_directories/bounce.cfWhen postfix start, it re
>-move the linked file and replaces with a new main.cf file.All the relative p
>-aths have been changed to queue_directory = /opt/zimbra/pf.auth/conf/../spoo
>-lbounce_template_file = /opt/zimbra/pf.auth/conf/bounce.cfHow can I preserve
>- the original main.cf soft link and have postfix use the relative paths?Geor
>-ge

You should complain to your vendor. Postfix as distributed from
postfix.org does not modify main.cf unless you ask it to.

That said, Postfix will rightfully complain when it finds symlinks
in its configuration directory. These files are read by root-privileged
processes, and it is not practical for Postfix to ensure that all
the directories in the path the symlinked files are root owned.