To apply this patch, cd into the Postfix-2.5.* top-level source
directory and execute:

$ patch < thismessage

We were able to reproduce the scheduler looping problem, and it
does not recur with the patched version

A question ... what' the way to make this patch to be included in Ubuntu Server "postfix" packages?

I mean, should I submit your message+patch to the package maintainers of Ubuntu / Debian / Redhat so that new "postfix" packages with "the bug" corrected are released as updates for users?

Or ... you just publish the patch / bug somewhere and then the package maintainers update their sources automatically without we or you needing to contact them? :?

I can patch postfix's sources, but then I loose Ubuntu package security updates and will force me to maintain postfix from sources since this moment. The best way would be your patch to be integrated in postfix and new "security" postfix packages to be released by package maintainers, but I don't know how to "force" that.

Thanks.

--
Santiago Romero