Thanks for the response Wietse, I have tried this but many servers won't
correctly allow the verification (its turned off) we have even added rules
to allow our IP's get the verification, but we end up delivering the
message only to then have it rejected which defeats the purpose.

Based on the experience I have had so far, I believe the best most reliable
method is to get the information from the source.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 6:33 PM Wietse Venema via Postfix-users <
postfix-users@postfix.org> wrote:

> Joey J via Postfix-users:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I'm trying to see if someone has a good app to connect to an exchange or
> > O365 server either via LDAP or AD to grab all of the legitimate email
> > accounts, forwarding accounts and Groups in order to build a
> > transport_recipients file this way reject all invalid email prior to
> > forwarding it to any destination.
> >
> > Im thinking there would be something open source out there, just not able
> > to find it.
>
> I'm not familiar with AD, but on the Postfix side can use
> reject_unverified_recipient to query a destination server if it
> would accept mail for a recipient. Postfix maintains a cache
> for positive and negative reject_unverified_recipient results.
>
> https://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html#recipient
>
>         Wietse

Thanks!
Joey