* duluxoz via Postfix-users <postfix-users@postfix.org>:
> A quick question (just to clarify things in my own mind):
>
> If `non_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters`, does this mean that an email
> received on port 25 passes through the milters twice; once for the
> `smtpd_milters` (from the `smtpd(8)` process) and again for the
> `non_smtpd_milters` (from the `cleanup(8)` process)?

No.

non_smtpd_milters are for new mail that does not arrive via the
Postfix smtpd server. This includes local submission via the
sendmail command line, new mail that arrives via the Postfix
qmqpd server, and old mail that is re-injected into the queue with
"postsuper -r".

smtpd_milters are for new mail that arrives via the Postfix smtpd(8)
server.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Geschäftsbereich IT | Abteilung Netz | Netzwerk-Administration