On 17.12.23 23:12, Kristoff via Postfix-users wrote:
I don't know if this question has already been ask, but I did not find anything in the archive of the mailing-list.

I co-manage a postfix-server for an hobby-club. We provide email-addresses to our members, which are linked to aliases, so we forward the mails to the personal email-address of the member.

(The goal is to provide an email-address to the members, dedicated for the hobby, which helps to shield-of the personal email-address of the members).

Anycase, while looking into the log-files of postfix for another issue, I noticed this:

---
Dec 17 04:32:05 smtp postfix/smtp[725772]: 4F58E6A10A0: to=u...@example.com, orig_to=SRS0=zxmM=H4=example.com=u...@ourhobbyclubdomain.com, relay=mail.example.com[A.B.C.D]:25, delay=0.16, delays=0.05/0/0.08/0.02, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 714F7294BB2)
---
(personal information replaced for privacy-reason)
"u...@example.com" is just an email-address
"ourhobbyciubdomain.com" is the domain used by our organization.

So, it looks like somebody is sending use emails with a foreign-email-address-in-srs-for...@ourhobbyclubdomain.com as DESTINATION. The net result seems to be that these mails are actually relayed by our server, although we normally have a rule that we only relay email-addresses of our members ("someu...@hobbyclubdomain.com")

I don't know if this is normal that the SRS is used in the destination address? ( "SRS" does mean "SENDER rewriting Sceme" doesn't it?)
What is the configuration to block this?

These may be spams to adress gathered from someone's mail, or maybe delivery notifications?

I guess you are reverse-rewriting those SRSed destination addresses using postsrs to original address of the sender.

You can redirect these messages to you as an admin in
smtpd_recipient_restrictions
using regex matchin, so neither of those mails reach original recipient, but you as admin of ourhobbyclubdomain.com domain.

I did something similar but use plussed format SRS0+... and SRS1+..., so I redirected "SRS0" and "SRS1" address (plus is understood as address extension).

Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.