Claus Assmann via Postfix-users:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2024, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:
> > 1) You can log full headers with a Milter. You will run into the
> > length limit of the syslog() client (historically, 2 kBytes) before
> > the Milter protocol limit (64 kBytes) which is less than the Postfix
>
> Just FYI: That limit can be increased to 256K or even 1M if
> _FFR_MDS_NEGOTIATE is used for libmilter (and the MTA).

I should check my claims before posting.

- The 64kB limit is for Postfix when sending a body chunk to a
Milter. It does not apply to headers.

- When Postfix sends a header label and value to a Milter, the
combined length has to fit into an unsigned 32-bit integer (length
includes null terminators). That limit is inherent to the types used.

- Postfix puts a limit of INT_MAX/2 on the payload size of a response
from a Milter.