On Mar 29, 2009, at 5:10 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:

Tobi:
Hi All,
I set up an after-queue content filter following the instructions on
http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html .
Everything works fine except that mail directed to local users is
deferred when it is re-injected to postfix after the content filter.
However, virtual and remote addresses work.
I have the trivial-rewrite, qmgr, local, and error daemons running
with the -v switch.
Here is a `grep <id> mail.log`  for a re-injected mail:

Don't turn on verbose logging. You're overwhelming the log
with useless information.

Instead look at all the screams for help that Postfix already logs.

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#logging

        Wietse

Wietse,

Thanks much for pointing this out.
It turned out that the problem was caused by:

postfix/local[29798]: fatal: main.cf configuration error: mailbox_size_limit is smaller than message_size_limit

My bad.

Many thanks for your support and the great work on postfix!

Tobi