On 2024/3/23 20:04, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:
Cowbay via Postfix-users:
So, I will collect necessary information next time I encounter this
issue as what Viktor suggested.

Please note that Postfix does not automatically use the "system"
root CA store that openssl s_client and curl may use. That could
result in verification differences between Postfix and other tools.

https://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#tls_append_default_CA

tls_append_default_CA (default: no)
     Append the system-supplied default Certification Authority
     certificates to the ones specified with *_tls_CApath or
     *_tls_CAfile. The default is "no"; this prevents Postfix from
     trusting third-party certificates and giving them relay permission
     with permit_tls_all_clientcerts.

        Wietse
Thanks to this reminder and I will take care of this.

As my situation, I didn't explicitly assign this "tls_append_default_CA", so it should be default to "no".

And I specified "-o smtp_tls_CAfile=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt" to "smtp.gmail" from the master.cf, specified "-CAfile /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt" to "openssl s_client", and specify "--cacert /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt" to "curl". I wish these would make sure Postfix, openssl and curl use the same CAfile to verify the certificate.

        Cowbay