David Mehler via Postfix-users:
> to utilize Thunderbird v91.x. I've tried configuring with both the
> automatic configuration and the manual configuration, in both cases I am
> getting an error in my maillog from submission/smtpd service stating
> error improper command pipelining after helo. Googling showed this error

Thunderbird pipelining errors after helo?

People sometimes have improper command pipelining errors after
*connect*, when

- The Postfix SMTP server is configured in master.cf with
smtpd_tls_wrappermode turned off (this is the usual configuration
for connect to the submission service a.k.a. port 587).

- The SMTP client is configured with smtpd_tls_wrappermode turned
on (this is the usual configuration for clients that connect to the
submissions service a.k.a. port 465).

The client then starts talking befor the server expects that to
happen.