On Mon, May 06, 2024 at 11:37:54AM +0200, Дилян Палаузов via Postfix-users
wrote:

> My reading is that a domain in virtual_alias_domains can be mentioned
> neither in virtual_mailbox_domains nor as mydestination domain.

Correct, note however, that *all* recipients are subject to virtual(5)
alias rewriting, regardless of the domain, or even whether the domain is
delivered locally or is hosted remotely, by someone else.  It is NOT
necessary to list a domain in virtual_alias_domains just to enable
rewriting.

> What can be put in virtual_alias_domain, when virtual_mailbox_domain
> and mydestination are set?

Unsurprisingly, actual virtual alias domains, that are therefore not
local domains (mydestination) or virtual mailbox domains, ...
The various address classes are disjoint, each domain belongs to at most
one class.

It is fine to have no virtual alias domains, or to have one or more.

--
    Viktor.