On 24/05/24 13:08, Northwind via Postfix-users wrote:
do you mean since I have been using postscreen, there is no need to manually disable authentication on port 25? since postscreen doesn't have auth support.

No you definately should disable auth on port 25 regardless. It is possible for postscreen to pass a connection to smtpd and smtpd can *then* offer auth.

To answer your original question, you can just set -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=no in master.cf but it has to be on the smtpd service, not on postscreen. That said, I recommend not setting smtpd_sasl_auth_enable in main.cf and instead explicitly set it on your submission and/or submissions service in master.cf instead. When it comes to things like this it is generally better to default to off and explicitly turn on rather than default to on and explicitly turn off.

Peter