Gary Chambers wrote:
> All...
>
> The problem is that mail is delivered to
> $virtual_mailbox_base/domain1.com/home/test/
> (/vhome/domain1.com/home/test/)
> as opposed to $virtual_mailbox_base/domain1.com/home/test/$home_mailbox/
> (/vhome/domain1.com/home/test/Maildir/).  Local delivery is unaffected
> and
> works as expected.
>

>From http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#home_mailbox:
Optional pathname of a mailbox file relative to a local(8) user's home
directory.
You are not using the local(8) delivery agent so it will never be
applied to those in virtual_mailbox_maps.

> I've unsuccessfully tried using Dovecot's LDA, and I've tried
> variations of
> $home_mailbox (e.g. ~/Maildir/, $HOME/Maildir/, ./Maildir/), all with no
> success.

See below, but know that virtual_mailbox_maps is a yes/no answer when
the delivery agent is *not* virutal(8).
Only virtual(8) delivery agent will make use of that map directly.
Postfix will not tell Dovecot where to put mail.

> I'm new to Postfix (a recent Sendmail convert), so I am assuming that I'm
> missing some fundamental piece of information to get this to work as I
> expect.  I have implmented a kludgey (hopefully interim) solution of
> using
> symlinks to Maildir/{cur,new,tmp}.  Thank you very much in advance for
> any
> guidance you can provide.
>
> A sample of the contents of vmailbox is as follows:
> t...@domain1.com       domain1.com/home/test/
> kabc...@domain2.net    domain2.net/home/kabcdef/
> dab...@domain2.net     domain2.net/home/dabcde/

Fix your vmailbox map.