Wietse,

a customer asked me to help them customize Postfix replies, so clients
(better: users) can get a hint why their message is being rejected.

The idea is to refer to an URL in the reply where (generic) verbose
explanations on the reject reason can be found. Something along these lines:

  5xx REJECT: See http://www.example.com/plaintext_reject_code

I can customize replies for access(5) maps and for RBL maps.

What I miss is a way to append text to the following rejects that currently
only allow to set a code:

  access_map_reject_code
  defer_code
  invalid_hostname_reject_code
  multi_recipient_bounce_reject_code
  non_fqdn_reject_code
  plaintext_reject_code
  reject_code
  relay_domains_reject_code
  unknown_address_reject_code
  unknown_client_reject_code
  unknown_hostname_reject_code
  unknown_local_recipient_reject_code
  unknown_relay_recipient_reject_code
  unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code
  unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code
  unverified_recipient_reject_code
  unverified_sender_reject_code

Did I miss something? If not, do you believe its worth to be added? (Of course
not now while 2.6 is on its way and while other work ... and ...).

  p...@rick

--
The Book of Postfix
<http://www.postfix-book.com>