hello,

i just upgraded from postfix 2.5 to 2.6.1

i'm using dovecot for my sasl. an excerpt of my main.cf follows:

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
        reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch,
        reject_unauthenticated_sender_login_mismatch,
        reject_sender_login_mismatch,

smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes

this setting is fine in 2.5 and it guarantees that smtp auth
only operates in tls. this also prevents user at my domain
from spoofing as it requires authentication.

however, a change in 2.6 in sasl broke this setup.

using the config above, the following warning will occur since sasl
will only activate during tls.

warning: restriction 'reject_authenticated_sender_sender_login_mismatch'
ignored: no SASL support
warning: restriction 'reject_unauthenticated_sender_sender_login_mismatch'
ignored: no SASL support

my workaround for this is to disable smtpd_tls_auth_only but this
also let user authenticate in plain-text mode.

any other workarounds?

thanks.