On Thu May 28 2009 13:08:00 admin2 wrote:
> Okay the top 5 google hits could not answer this.

For good reason: you have not understood the issues.

> how do I place a
> bounce mail message in the /etc/postfix/virtual file? Similar to a
> sendmail virtuser file?

What is your "/etc/postfix/virtual" file? If (as I suspect) it's your
virtual_alias_maps lookup, simply DO NOT list nonexistent users in your
virtual_alias_domains.

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html#virtual_alias_class
http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html#virtual_alias
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_domains

"Those who use Google before reading the Postfix documentation, if
fortunate, end up at http://www.postfix.org/ . If not, they end up in a
jumble of bad questions, misleading or wrong answers, and outdated
information."
    -- from http://workaround.org/f=postfix , the "google" factoid[1]

> postmas...@domain.org         error:nouser 550 No such user here

This can be done as a check_recipient_access lookup, in cases where
there's a valid user which should be rejected for some reason. See:

http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#check_recipient_access

Actually, in general you should consult your own local copy of the
Postfix documentation before www.postfix.org., because in many cases
it's possible that new features have been added, and you might find
version-specific references confusing, or even overlook them entirely.

[1] In fact I wrote that factoid.