On Saturday 01 August 2009 10:15:08 johnea wrote:
> The postfix documentation regarding reject_sender_login_mismatch:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_sender_login_mismatch
> or maybe in here:
> http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html
>
> Specifically the reject_authenticated_* and reject_unauthenticated_*
> forms, would greatly benefit from this small snippet from the mailing
> list archives:
>
> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2009-01/0523.html

I just looked for this feature in the past couple of days, and the
first place I looked was in SASL_README. I found it in the credits at
the bottom, but that was the only place.

It's a SASL-specific feature, it's a FAQ on the list, so I would
suggest inclusion in the SASL_README.

Note, I am not commenting on Mouss' original text, since I have never
needed to implement sender mismatch features. My comment is merely
regarding a perceived need for this in said README.